The sys_mon module gives you some information about the timing of the periodic tasks and a rough estimate of cpu load (averaged over 1 sec).
The SYS_MON message contains the following information (all times are given in microseconds):
- time between two calls of the main periodic function (averaged over 1s)
- time it took to execute the main periodic functions (averaged over 1s)
- minimum time it took to execute the main periodic functions during the last second
- maximum time it took to execute the main periodic functions during the last second
- number of times the event loop was called during the last second
- rough estimate of cpu load (averaged over 1 sec)
So your periodic_time should be 1/PERIODIC_FREQUENCY. The periodic_cycle_max should not be over the periodic_time, otherwise in at least one cycle it took longer to calculate everything and the next one was slightly delayed.
The sys_mon module has to run at the full main frequency!
So either don't specify a main_freq parameter like in the example below or set your actual main frequency
To use it load the sys_mon module:
<modules> ... <load name="sys_mon.xml"/> </modules>