How to contribute
There are lots of ways to contribute to Paparazzi and get involved. Contributions in the form of elaborating on and expanding documentation, wiki pages, tutorials and code fixes are always welcome and encouraged.
This page will give you a head start on how you can contribute.
If you don't have a Wiki account yet join the Gitter channel (there is an open chat button in the right lower corner of the page too) and ask and we will Create an account for you. We had to disable normal account creation due to spam attacks.
You can then immediately start adding information, cleaning up, or fixing typos. It is a tremendous contribution to the quality of the PaparazziUAV documentation when you do this! Just Do It:
You do not need a lot of deep technical knowledge to be helpful. If you read something and it is not clear to you, ask for an explanation in the Gitter Chat and then do not forget to add that information to the Wiki.
Some information and links on how to edit the wiki can be found at Help with Editing.
Please be aware of past edits and page histories. Try not to remove this; if you are moving/renaming a page, use the move tab at the top of a page. This ensures the revision history is moved with the page.
Also see the Git wiki page for more details about setting up Git and cloning the source-code and data repository.
Please also have a look at the Coding Style Guide.
Here is the short version if you already know git:
- Create an account on github.
- Fork the paparazzi repository on github. (After logging in press the fork button).
- If you want to clone with SSH: git clone email@example.com:<yourname>/paparazzi.git
Or with HTTPS: git clone https://github.com/<yourname>/paparazzi.git
Which remote URL should I use?
- git remote add upstream https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi.git
- git fetch upstream
- checkout a new branch based on the development branch (master):
git checkout -b my_new_feature upstream/master
- fix/code and commit in logical units (with a good commit message)
- push your feature/bugfix branch
- Send us a pull request on github. (Or send patches to the mailing list).
Defects and Features
To report a Paparazzi defect or issue. Submit a feature request using the simple issue tracker on github.