As an open-source project, all source code and hardware plans are freely available on GitHub for anyone to produce, use, modify, and redistribute in accordance with the GPL License Agreement which requires only that the open-source nature of the project be maintained by all who redistribute it.
We encourage the distribution of hardware for profit or otherwise and invite any users with paparazzi-related hardware to post links and purchasing information on this page. Please use the Discussion Tab to describe your experiences with any of these vendors.
- 1 Aerofu.com
- 2 www.ppzuav.com Paparazzi controllers
- 3 Transition Robotics Inc. Lisa/M V2.0 top view Lisa/M V2.0 bottom view
- 4 Other
- 5 Old vendors
Low cost Paparazzi hardware from Australia. Licenced to export to 33 countries, including Europe and North America. Recentry restocked with:
- Tiny and TWOG autopilots.
- Complete Kits (Tiny or TWOG based).
- PPM Encoders and IR Sensors from the Paparazzi project.
- Inexpensive uBlox LEA-5H GPS units.
- various PCBs
Providing professionally assembled and tested hardware and PCBs for your Paparazzi Projects since 2007
NEW: Yes we have SUMO bundles and SUMO electronics. NEW: Yes we have [Apogee V1] Apogee Fixed wing controller.
eMail to: email@example.com for details.
We want to help you get your Paparazzi project off the ground. We have helped hundreds of projects become successful. Confused what to buy? Just give us an email and we will help you decide (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Whatever the part we make all the Paparazzi hardware available either via bare PCBs or fully assembled ready to program. TWOG, Umarim, Apogee controllers available now. NOTE: Special orders welcome. Just let us know which item and the quantity.
If you do not see what you need just ask. Please eMail with any questions or special requests before you place your orders. We return emails as quickly as possible.
Visit the PPZUAZ WebStore to see the latest offerings.
Need Just PCBs? We have them. Click here to see them.
Beside the Quadshot itself they develop and provide hardware and software that is especially optimized for Paparazzi, such as the Lisa Autopilots, Aspirin IMUs and associated accessories.
They have a shop on their Quadshot product page.
As of February 2012, Transition Robotics, Inc. has acquired all IP and Paparazzi related inventory from Joby Robotics. We are thankful to Joby Robotics for their important and faithful support of Paparazzi related hardware projects, and hope to carry on this tradition. Hardware formerly supplied by Joby Robotics may now be purchased at the Transition Robotics/Quadshot webstore.
The TRI/Quadshot Webstore also stocks pre-crimped Molex Picoblade wires and connector housings.
Sparkfun is a great source of miscellaneous electronics like:
- Development boards
- Pressure sensors
- Ultrasonic distance sensors
- Temperature/humidity sensors
- USB to Serial converters
They also have an inexpensive PCB service, BatchPCB.
Sparkfun distributors in Europe
Mainly focused on ArduPilot hardware. But carries Paparazzi compatible Telemetry and sensor boards.
DIYDrones distributors in Europe
- http://www.lipoly.de/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=880_1912 [DE]
- http://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/ [UK]
- http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/ [UK]
u-Blox GPS receivers
There seems to be a few alternative source of u-Blox GPS out there. They are considerably cheaper then the samples u-Blox offers
If you do order from any of them, please update this page with your feedback.
Here's a few link worth exploring:
- Navilock (also available on Amazon.de by searching for Navilock)
- http://www.rfdesign.co.za/pages/5645456/Products/GPS-Products/Antaris-4-Modules.asp (Also u-blox 5 and u-blox 6 modules avialable)
- http://www.comet.srl.ro/shop/info.html?ID=6195 ( Link error, you can find them in this list: http://www.comet.srl.ro/shop/statements.html?Type=MOD&Subtype=GPS )
- http://www.expedienttech.com/ ( Singapore )
- http://www.csgshop.com/category.php?id_category=16 (US UBLOX MAX-6Q) ( Lithuania )
- http://www.ppzuav.com GPS13 (USA)
Eagle Tree Systems makes a small standalone airspeed sensor that can be connected via i2c. They also sell pitot tubes standalone for other differential pressure sensors. For integration, please see Sensors/Airspeed.
- Eagle Tree Systems (Also available from a number of distributors)
DIGI XBee telemetry modules
For detailed shopping guide see [Modems]
- http://www.watterott.com/en/Digi (DE EU)
- https://store.diydrones.com/ (US See above for local distributors)
- http://unmannedtechshop.co.uk/UAV-Components/UAV-telemetry (UK)
- http://mouser.com/ (AU and other regions)
Cheap 2 and 4 layer boards from Germany, he orders around once a month 2 layer and only some infrequently 4 layer's by a german manufacturer.
- 2 layer 1cm² ~ 0.30€
- 4 layer 1cm² ~ 0.60€
Cheap 2 and 4 Layer boards. Free wordwide shipping.
- 3x 2 Layer 1in² = 5$
- 3x 4 Layer 1in² = 10$
- 3x 2 Layer 1in² = 0.78$
- 3x 4 Layer 1in² = 1.55$
(minimum order is 3 pcs, standard price is already for 3 pcs)
Here is a list of former paparazzi hardware vendors for reference. They were providing a great service to the Paparazzi community.