Difference between revisions of "Iris"
(Iris step-by-step initial)
Revision as of 04:42, 4 December 2016
The Iris drone was manufactured by 3DR and is based arround the Pixhawk autopilot. Paparazzi fully supports the Pixhawk, and this page serves as simple step-by-step guide to get a Pixhawk based drone flying on with the Paparazzi autopilot. In this example, only standard Pixhawk hardware is used, as it comes delivered with the stock Iris.
Getting the Iris flight ready
- The stock Iris drone, (equipped with a Pixhawk),
- Its stock 3DR radio's and 3DR RC.
- The Pixhwak should still contain the PX4 / APM bootloader.
- A computer with Paparazzi installed.
- A micro USB cable.
Steps you will need to perform:
- Plug in the USB cable to the Iris. Remove the props. Leave the battery disconnected.
- Flash both the AP and FBW. See here
- Power cycle the Pixhawk (e.g. replug USB).
- Plug in the 3DR radio to the computer. Select USB0 session in Paparazzi Center.
- Calibrate the IMU and the ESCs of the Iris.