As an open-source project, all source code and hardware plans are freely available on GitHub for anyone to produce, use, modify, and redistribute in accordance with the GPL License Agreement which requires only that the open-source nature of the project be maintained by all who redistribute it.
We encourage the distribution of hardware for profit or otherwise and invite any users with paparazzi-related hardware to post links and purchasing information on this page. Please use the Discussion Tab to describe your experiences with any of these vendors.
- 1 Aerofu.com
- 2 CheBuzz Paparazzi
- 3 JobyRobotics.com
- 4 PPZUAV.com Paparazzi controllers
- 5 Transition Robotics Inc. Lisa/M V1.0 top view Lisa/M V1.0 bottom view
- 6 Other
Low cost Paparazzi hardware from Australia. Licenced to export to 33 countries, including Europe and North America. Recentry restocked with:
- Tiny and TWOG autopilots.
- Complete Kits (Tiny or TWOG based).
- PPM Encoders and IR Sensors from the Paparazzi project.
- Inexpensive uBlox LEA-5H GPS units.
- various PCBs
Due to an unexpected change in my "real" job, I will regrettably be returning to the United States in the near future. As such, I will be closing my webshop for good. It has been a pleasure getting to know so many paparazzi users and an honor to supply hardware to you. Thanks for all the help and support I have received.
I apologize for the short notice. But I will be taking orders until Friday 24 September, so anybody wishing to purchase paparazzi equipment from my store will be able to do so until that time.
Thankfully somebody has offered to step up and take my place. I have been working with Chris and AeroFu (aerofu.com) and he has agreed to continue providing paparazzi hardware and to selling out the remainder of my inventory. I am confident he will continue to provide a high level of service and support for those looking to get into the hobby and into the paparazzi project.
Again, thanks to all and happy flying!
Please see Transition Robotics Inc..
Providing professionally assembled and tested hardware for your Paparazzi Projects since 2007
We want to help you get your Paparazzi project off the ground. We have helped hundreds of projects become successful. Confused what to buy? Just give us an email and we will help you decide (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Whatever the part we make all the Paparazzi hardware available either via bare PCBs or fully assembled ready to program. TWOG, Tiny2.11, Umarim, YAPA2 we can make them all in any quantity you require.
If you do not see what you need just ask. Please eMail with any questions or special requests before you place your orders. We return emails as quickly as possible.
Visit the PPZUAZ WebStore to see the latest offerings.
NEW BUNDLE->:UmarimLite v2 Bundle
Beside Quadshot itself they develop and provide hardware and software that is especially optimized for Paparazzi, such as the Lisa Autopilots, Aspirin IMUs and associated accessories.
They have a shop on their Quadshot product page.
As of February 2012, Transition Robotics, Inc. has acquired all IP and Paparazzi related inventory from Joby Robotics. We are thankful to Joby Robotics for their important and faithful support of Paparazzi related hardware projects, and hope to carry on this tradition. Hardware formerly supplied by Joby Robotics may now be purchased at the Transition Robotics/Quadshot webstore.
The TRI/Quadshot Webstore also stocks pre-crimped Molex Picoblade wires and connector housings.
Sparkfun is a great source of miscellaneous electronics like:
- Development boards
- Pressure sensors
- Ultrasonic distance sensors
- Temperature/humidity sensors
- USB to Serial converters
They also have an inexpensive PCB service, BatchPCB.
Sparkfun distributors in Europe
Mainly focused on ArduPilot hardware. But carries Paparazzi compatible Telemetry and sensor boards.
DIYDrones distributors in Europe
- http://www.lipoly.de/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=880_1912 [DE]
- http://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/ [UK]
- http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/ [UK]
u-Blox GPS receivers
There seems to be a few alternative source of u-Blox GPS out there. They are considerably cheaper then the samples u-Blox offers
If you do order from any of them, please update this page with your feedback.
Here's a few link worth exploring:
- Navilock (also available on Amazon.de by searching for Navilock)
- http://www.rfdesign.co.za/pages/5645456/Products/GPS-Products/Antaris-4-Modules.asp (Also u-blox 5 and u-blox 6 modules avialable)
- http://www.comet.srl.ro/shop/info.html?ID=6195 ( Link error, you can find them in this list: http://www.comet.srl.ro/shop/statements.html?Type=MOD&Subtype=GPS )
- http://www.expedienttech.com/ ( Singapore )
- http://www.csgshop.com/category.php?id_category=16 (US UBLOX MAX-6Q)
Eagle Tree Systems makes a small standalone airspeed sensor that can be connected via i2c. They also sell pitot tubes standalone for other differential pressure sensors. For integration, please see Sensors/Airspeed.
- Eagle Tree Systems (Also available from a number of distributors)
DIGI XBee telemetry modules
For detailed shopping guide see [Modems]
- http://www.watterott.com/en/Digi (DE EU)
- https://store.diydrones.com/ (US See above for local distributors)
- http://unmannedtechshop.co.uk/UAV-Components/UAV-telemetry (UK)
- http://mouser.com/ (AU and other regions)