Create new release
First of course the CHANGELOG should be updated.
Stable release series have an even MINOR number, ongoing development has an uneven MINOR number.
A stable release is generally done with the following steps:
- creating an annotated tag with vMAJOR.MINOR.PATCH_stable in git. If it is the first release of a MAJOR.MINOR series, also create the vMAJOR.MINOR branch.
- Add the release on https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/releases
- As the tarballs that github automatically creates don't include the submodules, run
./make_release_tarball.sh mv paparazzi.tar paparazzi_vMAJOR.MINOR.PATCH_stable.tar gzip paparazzi_vMAJOR.MINOR.PATCH_stable.tar
and upload this tarball to the github release
- Update Paparazzi front page and installation page
- Update docs if a new stable branch: adjust index.html and add the branch to the pprz-update-dox.sh script on odin.paparazziuav.org