Various video tutorials of all kinds.
Building a Drone with Piotr Esden-Tempski and Hak5
Piotr gave a series of interviews at Hack5 in which he walks through most steps for setting up a Quadrotor with the Lisa/M V2.
The bumblebee_quad.xml airframe file is included in the default installation of paparazzi, and can be easily found in the default airframe paparazzi center dropdown as "Bumblebee_Quad".
This may be very helpful for beginners since a lot of important paparazzi related stuff is explained (but not all is required for a beginner).
The videos also contain some additional stuff which has nothing to do with paparazzi.
- Introduction to the terms Drones, UAV and UAS.
- Mechanical difference between quadcopter and helicopter, why the quadcopter is more common on hobbyists.
- Possible uses of UAV/UAS (non military).
- Safety guidelines (use your brain!, airports, other people...).
- Quad, hexa and optocopters, which are the different benefits?
- Which parameters influence the propellers thrust(pitch, kV, V)?
- Short talks about brushed/brushless motors, frames, in this build used radio system and LiPo battery.
- Why a quadcopter can't be controled directly ba a human.
- How does an autopilot work in principle and which are the minimum requirements for stabilisation e.g..
- MEMS; Gyroscope, Accelerometer & Magnetometer, Barometer, what they can measure and what the autopilot can do with these measurements .
- Different Flight controller; Paparazzi, DJI Naza, Ardupilot, Multiwii.
- Paparazzi over the time, which controller has been used in the past (AVR -> LPC -> STM32).
- LisaMv2 with Aspirinv2.2 small overview.
- Paparazzi center walkthough, from (left to right) the code parts, to compiling and uploading.
- How paparazzi is released on github (stable and cutting edge).
- What do the Airframe, Flight Plan, Settings, Radio and Telemetry xml files do?
- Build the firmware with gcc and upload it to LisaMv2.
- LisaMv2's Bootloader mode.
- GCS walkthough with the basic components.
- Connect LisaMv2 via Floss JTAG's uart port to the GCS.
- Assembling the Bumblebee carbon fiber airframe.
- Zip tie down the ESC cables and mounting the LisaMv2.
- Connecting peripherals on the quadrocopter (BEC, redundant Spektrum, telemetry modem, gps receiver).
- Connect to a power source (limited power supply / LiPo).
- Binding the Spektrum satelites with a bind plug over the LisaMv2.
- Connect quadcopter with GCS
- Intro to Messages, Real-time Plotter.
- Calibrating the accelerometer and magnetometer.
- Maiden flight.
Parrot AR Drone
How to become a Paparazzi Developer
Paparazzi Software Installation