Where is Paparazzi heading?
- Use sw/tools/generators/gen_autopilot to generate state machines from conf/autopilot/*.xml files.
-> easier to add new modes, control loops...
- Use ABI to publish all sensor data (accel, gyro, mag, gps), already done for baro, sonar, temp...
- Refactoring of AHRS/INS algos to subscribe to ABI messages and possibility to run multiple at the same time.
- Dual-MCU support for rotorcrafts (one FlyByWire and one AutoPilot MCU).
- ChibiOS HAL
- Common navigation/waypoint/flight plan API between fixedwing and rotorcraft.
- Cleaning and improving the communication system
- Improvements of the message protocol
- Cleaning of the standard set of messages (see messages branch)
- Support of MAVLINK
- Support of I2C/SPI/CAN as generic physical devices (UART/SDIO done)
- Message/protocol versions
The Paparazzi Community is actively developing your hardware and autopilot boards (Apogee, Lisa/S/MX, Krooz,...). New developments are already on the way, including:
- Beagle Bone Black autopilot cap
- Wider version of Apogee
We are also providing full or partial support for third-party hardware and autopilots such as:
General Release Policy
Currently, 2 stable versions are released every year, usually around July and December. We are planing to increase the number of releases per year in order to reduce the gap between to stable versions. It should make it easier to end-user to update their configuration files, while staying closer to the development code.