There is an alternative version of the KroozSD available - the KroozSD Big Rotorcraft Edition (BRE). Equipped with MXR9500 quality acceleration sensor from Memsic sensing solutions, it brings one of the best motion sensing performances and vibration immunities in it's class. It ensures much better flight stability and higher immunity to vibration noisy aircrafts. There also added an SWD programming/debugging interface connector to simplify the development of high complicated algorithms.
Here is a new boards test flight video, made in a pretty windy day.
KroozSD UAV autopilot board is an all in one rotorcraft solution, with a wide variety of sensors, modules and units on one board in market usual size.
KroozSD is based on the 64 pins STM32F405RGT6 Cortex M4 168MHz processor featuring a Floating point unit (FPU), up to 192k of RAM and 1024k of FLASH.
- STM32 microcontroller datasheet with 1024kB flash and up to 192kB RAM
- Onboard microSD card slot (SPI interface)
- MPU6050 Gyro/Accelerometer sensor and MXR9500 Accelerometer with 16 bit ADC (Big Rotorcraft Edition).
- HMC5883 magnet field sensor.
- MS5611 high precision pressure sensor.
- XBee Pro module on board connector.
- MAX7456 OSD module for mixing in a flight data into a camera video screen (using 4 pin connector)
- 3 x 3.3V TTL UART (5V tolerant)
- 11 x Servo PWM outputs (or 10 if using PPM output receiver)
- 2 x I2C 5V bus
- 1 x SPI bus
- 5 x Analog input channels
- 1 x Micro USB
- Extra camera control 6 pin connector for flexible camera use
- 3 x status LEDs with attached test point
- Up to 35V (8S LiPo) input power control unit
- Up to 1,5A load current on 3,3V line
- Up to 5A load current on 5V line
- 50mm x 60mm x 10mm
- 2 layers PCB design
So, except for a GPS unit with the KroozSD you have all necessary sensors for full features all in one rotorcraft solution.
Here you can see some example flight videos, representing basic KroozSD flight properties:
KroozSD Big Rotorcraft Edition 3 kilogram payload on the big ST800 hexarotor frame, takeoff and automatic landing detection
KroozSD can be used in different telemetry versions:
- with an XBee wireless module connected to the on-board XBee connector
- or without any on-board telemetry solution, with a possibility to connect other telemetry link over one of the UART connectors.
The KroozSD autopilot can beprogrammed in different ways:
- using the pre-loaded KroozDFU USB bootloader over the on-board USB header
- using the default STM32 serial bootloader over the UART3 connector
The KroozSD uses an own KroozDFU bootloader (based on libopencm3 project). You can find it here, clone to your PC an build or use a precompiled binary file to upload. However the KroozSD board is shipped with the KroozDFU bootloader by default.
The KroozSD source code is based on Paparazzi master git branch, and ported on the STM32F4 Cortex™-M4 processor family. It is available from here
Where to buy
If you want to buy the KroozSD board, just write me an Email on: firstname.lastname@example.org