The conf/conf.xml document associates the flight plan and various hardware/software configuration files with a particular aircraft, identified by name and ac_id. The values in this document are set and handled by the Paparazzi Center so it is usually not needed to edit the configuration document manually.
<?xml version="1.0"?> <conf> <aircraft name="Twin1" ac_id="1" airframe="airframes/twinstar1.xml" radio="radios/mc3030.xml" flight_plan="flight_plans/mav05_cw.xml" telemetry="telemetry/default.xml" gui_color="blue" /> <aircraft name="Plaster" ac_id="2" airframe="airframes/plaster1.xml" radio="radios/cockpitMM.xml" telemetry="telemetry/default.xml" flight_plan="flight_plans/dummy.xml" /> . . . </conf>
- name is the name of the aircraft which will appear in different places in the GCS
- ac_id is a unique integer (between 1 and 255) identifying the aircraft (especially needed in the communication messages)
- airframe is the file name containing the parameters of the aircraft
- radio is the file name containing the description of the RC transmitter
- flight_plan is the sequence of actions and waypoints describing the desired trajectory
- telemetry is the file name containing the set of messages sent over the telemetry link
- settings is the file name containing the set of parameters that can be configured through the telemetry link
- gui_color is the color assigned to this aircraft in the GCS
All these attributes are required except the last two (settings and gui_color) which are optional.
The following sections describe these xml documents: