Various USB UART adapters.
Can be used to upload code, set up GPS chipsets or as replacement for the modems etc.
Pay attention the different logic levels (3V3/5V) !
UU0 - USB to Serial Adapter
UU0 is a low cost USB to UART adapter dongle. UU0 is based on the FTDI chipset and offers direct connection to the laptop over a USB A connector. It can be used for connecting telemetry modems like the R0 or autopilots like Elle0 or Lisa/MX to your computer. This makes it together with the R0 radio a very compact and easy to use USB dongle for telemetry. UU0 also provides the Molex Picoblade null modem connector. This makes it possible to extend the connection between UU0 and the R0 radios using a provided cable.
- FTDI USB to Serial FIFO
- TX & RX LEDs
- USB-A connector
- 100mil FTDI cable compatible pin-header
- Molex Picoblade null modem connector
FTDI USB cable
Standard USB UART breakout cable with FT232RQ chip.
Cable lengh is 1.8m.
FTDI Utility Board
Multi purpose pcb with FT232RL.
- Xbee socket to program XBee modules using X-CTU or act as GroundStation Modem
- molex picoblade header 4pin (Gnd,Tx,Rx,Gnd: Good for LPC bootloader programming), 3pin (Gnd,Tx,Rx: connect to autopilot UART1)
- 5v or 3.3v logic selectable (solder jumper)
- Mini-USB connector
- 2 LED (XBee Status and Power)
Available from PPZUAV (email@example.com)
XBee USB adapter
More information can be found at the Modems#GCS_Adaptation page.
Can be used as GCS adapter or programming adapter.
They are sold in Ebay china in high numbers for cheap.
FT2232H Mini Module
Further Information on the Programming_adapter page.
Small breakout PCB for the FT2232HQ chip from FTDI.
Mini USB and 2x 2x13 pin header (2,54mm).
The module provides two individual channels for independent configuration (JTAG, SPI, I2C, UART).
Can be used as programming adapter with e.g. Blackmagic Probe or OpenOCD.
- High Speed USB 2.0 (480Mb/s)
- 2x JTAG, SPI, I2C, UART
- 3.3V (5V tolerant)