USPS Shipping Warning
- We had one FOB (Military) address customers order completely lost and we refunded their order amount. We lost a customer that day and it was completely out of our control.
- We have had numerous customers USPS shipments take over 30 days to be delivered. Since there is no "online" tracking number provided by USPS the customer starts to wonder about us not USPS.
- If there are issues we are given an 800 number to call and no help at all from USPS. They admit the number is often not even answered and they say there is nothing they can do once the package has left the USA.
- If your order is lost (some orders are very expensive) USPS will only give us 45.00 compensation regardless of insured amount for shipments outside the USA. So considering how much could be lost what is the value of bad feelings on both sides if it is lost?
- We had numerous complaints that no matter what option was selected the USPS module chose the most expensive shipping method (almost the same cost as FedEx). This is not something we can control or fix because it's USPS that does the calculation.
We are flexible and since we make no profit from any shipping supplier so you are welcome to choose any of the options. We just feel we should help you to decide and set expectations. Here is what we know:
- FedEx: Expensive but worth it for expensive or time sensitive orders. We ship FedEx daily and update the order status immediately. You can track it online. FedEx has never lost an order to date.
- USPS: Slow, absolutely no tracking available. Even when sent registered with tracking you only get information when it is delivered. International shipments can take up to 60 days to be delivered. Yes, 60 days. However, USPS has only lost 1 order to date. So it may take a very, very long time but it will eventually get there.
- UPS: No one ever selects them so we haven't any information at this time. We will update when we have someone ship with UPS
Customs: We can not lie about the value of your order. We are obligated to list all items (Packing Slip) and the value regardless of shipping company. All orders will be listed in the customs declaration at the amount paid. A packing slip will be included. This will help your order to clear customs faster (100% of the delay is there) and since this is expected when you buy from any vendor it should be expected from PPZUAV as well.
Please check the PPZUAV website often as we expand our product offering.