Revision as of 21:38, 9 November 2010 by Dconger
This page describes how to integrate an ArduIMU+ V2 (flat) into an existing Airframe/Paparazzi-Code.
- The ArduIMU communicates over I2C with the Paparazzi-AP. The wiring is pretty easy to do. Connect SDA, SCL, ground and supply the IMU with 5V.
- The integration into the software is realized as a module. That is an easy way to connect and test new software.
- This Guide/Software is made to use the ArduIMU without separate GPS-Receiver and without Compass/Magnetometer. The GPS-Data is sent by the Tiny 2.11 over I2C to the IMU.
- There is an other airframe/main-AP we wrote wich uses a magnetometer for yaw-drift compensation. We didn't write an installation guide like this yet. But we try to do this as soon as possible.
The Code has been integrated into the Paparazzi build system. Find the original ZHAW code here.
- (1) Insert the module:
<modules> <load name="ins_arduimu.xml"/> </modules>
- (2) Activate "i2c"
<target name="ap" board="..."> ... <define name="USE_I2C0"/> </target> <subsystem name="i2c"/>
- (3) Have INS neutrals
<section name="INS" prefix="INS_"> <define name="ROLL_NEUTRAL_DEFAULT" value="0" unit="deg"/> <define name="PITCH_NEUTRAL_DEFAULT" value="0" unit="deg"/> </section>
- (4) Use "Settings" file: settings/tuning_ins.xml
- (5) Remove the infrared estimation
remove this: <subsystem name="attitude" type="infrared"/>
Flash the ArduIMU
- (6) Flash the ArduIMU with the adapted software in sw/airborne/firmwares/helper/arduimu_Firmware_WithGps. For information concerning flashing of the IMU, read:
Have Fun !